Potential Server Wipe

nDarkwind

Potential Server Wipe

Postby nDarkwind » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:17 pm

Hey folks as most of you know we have 2 servers. The Center with regular 30-50 members and The Island we have shut down for now as it had on average 5 members and we wanted to see if it improved The Center.

Right now I'm considering some settings tweaks and to apply them it will have to be a fresh server. Over the past 6-9months of finding host settings after leaving Official I believe I now know settings that would give a good gaming experience.

Official problems imo were the "alpha" tribe(s) getting away with what they wanted and the taming times. While over the time we have run servers here at Uncut, we have had our issues of tribes thinking they are above the rest and trying to bully but I feel we have been strong in dealing with them. Taming has gone through many multipliers to find the "best" or what we are happy with.

The server Settings I'm thinking are as follows:
  • Tribute Downloads: Off
  • Player Location: Off
  • Crosshair: Off
  • Third Person: Off
  • PvP Gamma: Off
  • Admin Logging: On
  • Difficulty Offset: 1 (Max)
  • Player Level: Official
  • Dino Level: Official
  • Experience: 1
  • Gathering: 1
  • Taming: 5
  • Dino Count: 1
  • Day Cycle: 0.5
  • Day Speed: 0.5
  • Night Speed: 1.5
  • Structure Damage: 1.5
  • Structure Resistance: 0.5
Other Notable Tweaks
  • Player Food/Water Drain: 0.75
  • Player Damage: 1
  • Player Resistance: 2
  • Wild Dino Damage: 1.5
  • Wild Dino Resistance: 0.5
  • Tamed Dino Damage: 1.25
  • Tamed Dino Resistance: 0.5
  • Resource Respawn: x3
  • Resource Replenish Radius: x0.35
  • Item/Corpse Decomposition: x2
  • PvP Structure Damage: x3
  • Egg Hatch Speed: 5
  • Baby Mature Speed: 5
With these settings it should bring things back to official like but still give it the Uncut feel of still being a deadlier place to roam around on foot. While the increased rates are good for early I feel the server loses duration when everyone has massive bases in a week solo.

Map I have no preference right now, Maybe The Center gets the edge for performance but then again The Island has redwood coming and Mosas.

Offline raid protection still has me looking into it. It seems really nice but there is an issue you have walk upto a base that is currently offline without turrets looking at you and place c4 and wait for them to come online and then detonate. But the Idea of being safe 20min after you log off is great especially with the new multipliers as the cost of explosive is more costly if said tribe don't log on when you are hoping to force a raid.

Rules will be tweaked also as currently they are too vague.

So yes am I the only one interested in a server like this or are there more of you? Please leave your feedback and Those that were on The Island you may notice that server IP back up with a different name, I may do some testing with the settings to make sure dinos are in line. The Island will be backed up in the off chance that server just continues to run with redwood.
nDarkwind

Re: Potential Server Wipe

Postby nDarkwind » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:57 pm

So I did a little testing.

I created a survivor on the test offline protection servers and decided it's not for uncut at this time, if at all. While it's not badly implemented I just don't feel as a survival game going to sleep would protect your things.

I got to try dinos settings for the 1st time since they were all changed way back when. Always used uncut settings. I used a 200hp survivor and stood in front of a 125 spino and got one shot, lovely. I then went back to the same spino with ramshackle riot gear and it took 7 hits before death. I feel thats a decent balance.
I tamed a 120 spino to test dino vs wild, you took damage but you could handle yourself well enough. I took to the water and tamed a megalodon which I lost, no idea on level. I then tamed a 145 and started to test again. While I could kill things well enough and keep my hp going, underwater is just too hard to try balance for. I escaped with 200ish hp after things just kept coming.

Almost Vanilla Server with a few tweaks:
  • Tribute Downloads: Off
  • Player Location: Off
  • Crosshair: Off
  • Third Person: Off
  • PvP Gamma: Off
  • Admin Logging: On
  • Taming: x5
  • Day Cycle: x0.5
  • Day Speed: x0.5
  • Night Speed: x1.5
  • Structure Damage: x1.5
  • Structure Resistance: x0.5
  • Player Food Drain: x0.75
  • Player Water Drain: x0.75
  • Player Resistance: x2
  • Wild Dino Damage: x1.5
  • Tamed Dino Damage: x1.25
  • Resource Replenish Radius: x0.35
  • Item Decomposition: x2
  • Corpse Decomposition: x2
  • PvP Structure Damage: x3
  • Egg Hatch Speed: x5
  • Baby Mature Speed: x5
With these settings torpor will be normal and sites could be useful again (so you don't have to double). Survivors are still the same as now, Wild aren't as strong, but still strong enough. Tames aren't as strong either but they aren't as weak in comparison to wilds.

It's looking more like we won't put theisland server back up, So these settings might go towards an Island server instead of two Center ones. Will try make a choice on server over the next few days (10/6 latest).
nDarkwind

Postby nDarkwind » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:04 pm

Rule changes:
  • No Hacking, Cheating or Glitching - Insta ban,
  • No Artifact Cave blocking - Artifacts must be obtainable from every entrance so don't block any off. If you build near an entrance base defenses must allow access from natural walk ways and air.
  • No Griefing - Don't kill lower levels (sub 35) without due cause. Don't kill Passive Dinos in an Offline Raid (they are of no threat). If you are online learn to protect yourselves. Don't use wild Dinos to cause uncontrolled destruction.
  • No Obelisk blocking - We encourage tribes to tackle Spawning Bosses.
  • No Excess Raid Destruction - Destroy whats needed to enter, don't level a base or break more walls than necessary . Don't destroy open storage but feel free to destroy Smithy/Fabricator/Generators and Beds if you wish.
  • No Resource Node Blocking - Don't build on top of or stop the respawn of valuable resources. If you build near valuable resources make sure base defenses don't stop others harvesting them. Beaver locations must be left open for continual spawn and free harvesting.
  • Other Caves are Open - Just remember you will take 3times the damage if you do so choose to build.
We operate on a 3 strike ruling:
[olist][*]Break the rules and Lose your tames. (this includes Rafts for some reason)
[*]Break them a second time and Lose your tames and structures.
[*]If you attempt the Hat-Trick of rule breaks you will be banned[/olist]
Mistakes can happen and be forgiven but Direct disregard for rules will result in these actions.
Last edited by nDarkwind on Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
YAMPY

Postby YAMPY » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:02 pm

I currently think that the taming and gather rate of the server right now is actually good and shouldn't be changed/messed with, it isn't too high to the point where everyone has OP dinos quickly, I still find it a challenge up to this date and find it hard to have the time to tame the large end-game dinos with my current schedule. But if this was changed to x5, half of what it is now, I feel that it would make the player experience a little less fun because of all the waiting around when you could actually be doing more fun things with the community. This is just my opinion and i'm open for anyone to agree or disagree. Thanks for your time.
MuscleMax

Postby MuscleMax » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:05 pm

I think this is a bad idea as we joined because the rates are higher, meaning we have a chance to build better bases and do things that we simply didn't have time to do on official servers, and by changing the server it is basically just another official server.
We also joined because it is stated that wipes are not frequent, and we and many others only joined in the past couple of weeks. We and others have put a lot of work into what we have and don't want to lose it all.
Hiddenseek
Site Admin

Postby Hiddenseek » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:24 pm

In my oppinion, best settings would be:

2x exp
2x gather
5x tame

And yea.. that's all I care about :S Oooh and I disslike the wipe, I'm happy with the things I have achieved so far, and do not really want to re-build AGAIN.
Juka

Postby Juka » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:30 pm

server seems to be doing fine right now, wipe unnecessary but if it does happen and the servers on x1 gather i dont think everyone will stay.

anything above x2 decent.

i personally really like the current rates because even though you can collect so much the xp is the real problem. which sets the challenge right, maybe even lowering the xp back to x1 and leaving everything else.

just throwing ideas anyways don't pay attention
nDarkwind

Postby nDarkwind » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:49 pm

YAMPY wrote:I currently think that the taming and gather rate of the server right now is actually good and shouldn't be changed/messed with, it isn't too high to the point where everyone has OP dinos quickly, I still find it a challenge up to this date and find it hard to have the time to tame the large end-game dinos with my current schedule. But if this was changed to x5, half of what it is now, I feel that it would make the player experience a little less fun because of all the waiting around when you could actually be doing more fun things with the community. This is just my opinion and i'm open for anyone to agree or disagree. Thanks for your time.
Thanks for the feedback.

Gather might be a little too high that alot of people are sporting Behemoth gate perimeters in a couple of days. The idea was to give people a sense of progress with their bases, not think of what you want and place it.
Same thing with Taming we wanted people to feel a sense of achievement getting that max level and making them use Kibble. With a Lower gather obtaining the Kibble would take longer meaning the taming would have gave a better sense of achievement at the end of the tame. A 150 Rex right now is 23min with kibble and 36min with prime. With x5 tame it goes to 42min and 1h10min. A Rex should be effort imo, ok it's not complete end game but it's up there.
Current x10 tame, 150 Giga 29min kibble and 45min prime. x5 tame 54min kibble and 1h28min prime.
Current x10 tame, 150 Mosa 29min kibble and 1h3min prime. x5 tame 55min kibble and 2h5min prime. (assuming they fix the center where you can actually find these)
I understand you don't want to spend time taming but don't you think time should be used on these type of end game game changers?

Again thanks again for the feedback, all the feedback goes to making the server better.
YAMPY

Postby YAMPY » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:00 pm

nDarkwind wrote:
YAMPY wrote:I currently think that the taming and gather rate of the server right now is actually good and shouldn't be changed/messed with, it isn't too high to the point where everyone has OP dinos quickly, I still find it a challenge up to this date and find it hard to have the time to tame the large end-game dinos with my current schedule. But if this was changed to x5, half of what it is now, I feel that it would make the player experience a little less fun because of all the waiting around when you could actually be doing more fun things with the community. This is just my opinion and i'm open for anyone to agree or disagree. Thanks for your time.
Thanks for the feedback.

Gather might be a little too high that alot of people are sporting Behemoth gate perimeters in a couple of days. The idea was to give people a sense of progress with their bases, not think of what you want and place it.
Same thing with Taming we wanted people to feel a sense of achievement getting that max level and making them use Kibble. With a Lower gather obtaining the Kibble would take longer meaning the taming would have gave a better sense of achievement at the end of the tame. A 150 Rex right now is 23min with kibble and 36min with prime. With x5 tame it goes to 42min and 1h10min. A Rex should be effort imo, ok it's not complete end game but it's up there.
Current x10 tame, 150 Giga 29min kibble and 45min prime. x5 tame 54min kibble and 1h28min prime.
Current x10 tame, 150 Mosa 29min kibble and 1h3min prime. x5 tame 55min kibble and 2h5min prime. (assuming they fix the center where you can actually find these)
I understand you don't want to spend time taming but don't you think time should be used on these type of end game game changers?

Again thanks again for the feedback, all the feedback goes to making the server better.
Yeah, I think the gather could be lowered i'm okay with that, and I guess I could see what it's like with taming lowered, it's just with all what you've said so far I haven't progressed enough on the server to actually see how easy it is or get a trex, giga, etc, currently we use normal meat to tame things which takes us a long time and once and a while if we're lucky enough to get prime if something else kills a high dino. But that's just us because we aren't exactly pros at this game yet, quite new.
nDarkwind

Postby nDarkwind » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:26 pm

MuscleMax wrote:I think this is a bad idea as we joined because the rates are higher, meaning we have a chance to build better bases and do things that we simply didn't have time to do on official servers, and by changing the server it is basically just another official server.
We also joined because it is stated that wipes are not frequent, and we and many others only joined in the past couple of weeks. We and others have put a lot of work into what we have and don't want to lose it all.
I apologize for not being clearer with regards to which server would be wiped. The old inactive server was the one I was referring to and I was looking for more feedback regarding settings that could possibly be used on the current running server.

We don't plan on wipes, the other server before we stopped it had a forced wipe in February, It was up since November. Now with Redwood on the horizon I thought a Discussion was worth throwing down.