Potential Server Wipe

nDarkwind

Re: Potential Server Wipe

Postby nDarkwind » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:31 pm

Hiddenseek wrote:In my oppinion, best settings would be:

2x exp
2x gather
5x tame

And yea.. that's all I care about :S Oooh and I disslike the wipe, I'm happy with the things I have achieved so far, and do not really want to re-build AGAIN.
Your opinions never matter, I mean it's not like you host the server or anything!

But yeah again The Center has only been up for just over a month and I don't think a wipe would have been advisable. Running with the revised rule set might on the current server could cause problems as I never said anything about one Artifact cave entrance because it had 3 more then I found that cave has 5 entrances in total.
nDarkwind

Postby nDarkwind » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:37 pm

Juka wrote:server seems to be doing fine right now, wipe unnecessary but if it does happen and the servers on x1 gather i dont think everyone will stay.

anything above x2 decent.

i personally really like the current rates because even though you can collect so much the xp is the real problem. which sets the challenge right, maybe even lowering the xp back to x1 and leaving everything else.

just throwing ideas anyways don't pay attention
Server does seem fine I agree but how will the server be in 2weeks - 4weeks - 6weeks. We would love the server to keep ticking over but once everyone builds massive bases in 1-2weeks and tamed anything with a 150 on it, I can see people getting bored.

All ideas will never be ignored, All feedback is good feedback, So thanks for posting.
nDarkwind

Postby nDarkwind » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:45 pm

YAMPY wrote:Yeah, I think the gather could be lowered i'm okay with that, and I guess I could see what it's like with taming lowered, it's just with all what you've said so far I haven't progressed enough on the server to actually see how easy it is or get a trex, giga, etc, currently we use normal meat to tame things which takes us a long time and once and a while if we're lucky enough to get prime if something else kills a high dino. But that's just us because we aren't exactly pros at this game yet, quite new.
Yeah if you are taming with the basics it will take longer, you will also lose effectiveness and use up much more narcotics.
YAMPY

Postby YAMPY » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:54 pm

nDarkwind wrote:
YAMPY wrote:Yeah, I think the gather could be lowered i'm okay with that, and I guess I could see what it's like with taming lowered, it's just with all what you've said so far I haven't progressed enough on the server to actually see how easy it is or get a trex, giga, etc, currently we use normal meat to tame things which takes us a long time and once and a while if we're lucky enough to get prime if something else kills a high dino. But that's just us because we aren't exactly pros at this game yet, quite new.
Yeah if you are taming with the basics it will take longer, you will also lose effectiveness and use up much more narcotics.
So the current center map will not wipe? the inactive one will?
nDarkwind

Postby nDarkwind » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:07 pm

YAMPY wrote:So the current center map will not wipe? the inactive one will?
Right now, no. Alot more discussion would have to be had if we even considered it. Right now it's only been up since the end of april so just over a month uptime and a wipe wouldn't be advised without major map changes (redwood for the island hence the Discussion going on).
RockstarSniper

Postby RockstarSniper » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:45 pm

i feel like a wipe would ruin my experience, id probably find a new server, and i like the majority of settings how they are. Apart from 1-2 of my dino's disappearing almost every morning everything else is pretty perfect :)
nDarkwind

Postby nDarkwind » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:02 pm

Some mixed results on the settings for server(s), Thanks all for the feedback.

I'll be putting through the changes for the Island server later and look at putting it live tonight/tomorrow for those interested.

With the suggestion of weekend rate boost I've been thinking those that dislike the idea of a wipe of the Center. How about testing the settings of the Island and provide more discussion on the subject. If the settings aren't that bad We could do a Wipe and give a friday - monday double of current rates for the boot up before replacing with the island settings?
nDarkwind

Postby nDarkwind » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:58 pm

The Center will be wiped the morning of the 16th of June.

I apologize to all that are playing and like the current rates. But as Admin I really feel the rates are too much and people have got bored too quick. I'll be adjusting the settings to the current Island ones. By doing this it's only right it comes with a clean map.
Intrelzar

Postby Intrelzar » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:56 am

Did the server just get wiped?????

this i a turning in to a complete joke now this is the second server in a row that admins have decided to wipe on us now we are a tribe of 15 players and just joined the server last week doubt we will come back cheers for the short bit of fun we had :(
nDarkwind

Postby nDarkwind » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:06 am

Intrelzar wrote:Did the server just get wiped?????

this i a turning in to a complete joke now this is the second server in a row that admins have decided to wipe on us now we are a tribe of 15 players and just joined the server last week doubt we will come back cheers for the short bit of fun we had :(
Sorry this is the second server that has been wiped on you folks. As an admin though we need to think longer term and that's why we had to wipe.
In little over a month the server ran with 45-50 players online but in the past 2weeks numbers have dropped to 10-15 online. This is because the fact the server rates and settings weren't right for the long term. This is Admin error, I admit that. We could have just tweaked the settings/rate and left things as they were but then newer players to the server would have always been at a disadvantage.
None the less, if you stay or go, welcome to the forums. It's nice to see people finding their way across.